How to Post Comments
Maybe the title ought to be “How not to post comments.” I get large amounts of comment spam and I just delete it.
Sometimes I laugh at it, but it never does the commenter any good in any way.
How can I tell it is comment spam?
- If the writer put their name as “Olive Drab Knapsacks” or “Willy Enhancements” that is a clue.
- If the email address the writer uses is IJInh19@oie.ru or something like that, it is a clue
- If the site they link their name to is something like Leopard-print-diapers.com – and this has nothing whatsoever to do with what I write the article about.
- If the comment is generic, even effusively generic, such as “I loved this post. I have been looking for something like it for a week!” (This might maybe not be spam. Some people write like that all the time.)
- If there are any links in the comment, it is probably spam, unless there is an obvious connected reason for the links.
- If there are bare affiliate links in the comment it is probably spam. Links like http://jkwintersauthor.com may or may not be spam, but your contact site will be connected to your name at the top of the comment, so it is probably spam to have the bare URL in the comment. (http://jkwintersauthor.com is one of my clients, so in this context, it is an example, but not spam)
- The email address the writer enters is fake or mis-entered.
Some ways to get your comment approved.
- Respond to something specific in the post, and please make some sense.
- Ask useful questions.
- Write with a sense of fun.
- Write what really concerns you.
- Offer corrections if I make an obvious error (except for spelling errors).
- Corrections to spelling errors will not be posted, but I may fix the spelling error.
I am happy to print comments that fit but they are few and far between. I could start editing and posting the spam comments just to make you laugh.Book Mark it-> del.icio.us | Reddit | Slashdot | Digg | Facebook | Technorati | Google | StumbleUpon | Window Live | Tailrank | Furl | Netscape | Yahoo | BlinkList
Tags: Spam Comments